new documentation format for std.algorithm

Denis Koroskin 2korden at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 03:24:17 PST 2011

On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 14:06:11 +0300, Magnus Lie Hetland
<magnus at hetland.org> wrote:

> I think perhaps some adjustments could be made to the layout, to make it
> more suitable to narrow(ish) browser windows (c.f., the discussio about
> 80 columns -- without starting a huge thread like that again ;)
>
> For one thing, in narrow(ish) columns, ragged-right might be preferable.
> Then again, it may be that the way it looks on my end isn't what's
> intended:
>
>   http://www.idi.ntnu.no/~mlh/images/std-alg-docs.png

Left menu, Category and Function Name tables do take up about 800 pixels
in width, leaving very little space for Description on small resolution
displays, mostly because of the large font size used and identifiers as
long as "largestPartialIntersectionWeighted".

While there is little we can do with identifier names, I believe font size
could be reduced by about 30% without sacrificing readability. At least in
Opera the page looks well even at 70% scale.