new documentation format for std.algorithm

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 04:40:08 PST 2011

> Following ideas and advice from this newsgroup, I have a draft at
>
> http://d-programming-language.org/cutting-edge/phobos/std_algorithm.html
>
> There are two tables, one with just the names and the other with names and a
> brief description. Let me know of any feedback. Thanks!
>

> Andrei

Waow! This is a great leap forward on the way to clear, useful, & welcoming
documentation. Thank you very much :-)

On the other hand, it lets me wonder about Phobos organisation: many of those
funcs apply on ranges, right? Thus, why are they not in std.range? Why define
types on one hand, their functionality on the other? The consequence is, when
importing std.range, one also must import std.algo in most cases (and often
std.functional, std.typecons,...).

One problem is most of those algos apply on other kinds of sequences or
"iterable" collections as well (arrays, sets, trees...): shouldn't there be
kinds of supertypes or interfaces?
Another problem is std.range already is over-populated; which may raise other
kinds of questions.

Denis