new documentation format for std.algorithm

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 04:47:57 PST 2011

On 02/02/2011 11:08 AM, bearophile wrote:
> BlazingWhitester:
>
>> It looks realy nice!
>
> I agree, it's a clear improvement.
>

>> But brief description table could use some spacing between
>> descriptions. It's a lilttle hard to read.
>
> Instead of that I suggest to give an alternating white - light cyan background to every adjacent group in the first table and every row in the second table. Like in this page:
> http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?renew=1
> In attach (I hope) a modified version for show.

Should /not/ be done (*): a web-designer should no more impose (background)
colors to users, than font sizes or any other rendering style element. And
certainly not white backgrounds, please (make my eyes cry). The site's design
is supposed to just-work without any custom style; proposed style is a 'plus'.

Denis

(*) Works not by me, anyway: I cannot stand white background, highly painful
after 1/4 hour. To avoid this, I set my own background color in firefox (as
well as other elements like fonts & sizes). Thus, your trick is invisible by
people like me.