new documentation format for std.algorithm

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 05:00:29 PST 2011

On 02/02/2011 12:24 PM, Denis Koroskin wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 14:06:11 +0300, Magnus Lie Hetland <magnus at hetland.org> wrote:
>
>> I think perhaps some adjustments could be made to the layout, to make it more
>> suitable to narrow(ish) browser windows (c.f., the discussio about 80 columns
>> -- without starting a huge thread like that again ;)
>>
>> For one thing, in narrow(ish) columns, ragged-right might be preferable. Then
>> again, it may be that the way it looks on my end isn't what's intended:
>>
>> http://www.idi.ntnu.no/~mlh/images/std-alg-docs.png
>>

> Left menu, Category and Function Name tables do take up about 800 pixels in
> width, leaving very little space for Description on small resolution displays,
> mostly because of the large font size used and identifiers as long as
> "largestPartialIntersectionWeighted".
>
> While there is little we can do with identifier names, I believe font size
> could be reduced by about 30% without sacrificing readability. At least in
> Opera the page looks well even at 70% scale.

(Absolute) font size does not belong to the page designer, instead to the user.
Just press dedicated key binding (often ctrl-), or whatever command to set it
appropriately.
But I agree a page's structure should avoid /requiring/ to much width just to
be corrctly displayed; and thus /force/ users to scale text down. Very "unnice"
to people with sight problems (not my case, but...).

Denis