new documentation format for std.algorithm

Adam Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 07:08:46 PST 2011

Andrei Alexandrescu Wrote:
> There are two tables, one with just the names and the other with names
> and a brief description. Let me know of any feedback. Thanks!

Did you decide on a manually maintained table or is it auto generated?  I do really think adding a Tags: section, or perhaps just putting groups under the See_Also: section is a good way to do the grouping.

The mini examples might be good as a new section too, one that can be hidden in the big docs, but available to the jump table.

Also a few notes:

a) I really like a fixed width for the links, so it forms a neat grid. My eyes just see a blob of links when it's a list...

b) The <a name=""> anchors in the page are repeated in a lot of cases, meaning the links may go to the wrong place. I suggest tweaking ddoc to make them fully qualified (at least inside the module, for example, "#OpenRight.yes" instead of "#yes").

c) I think I agree with the others that the Category header eats a bit too much horizontal space, but it isn't a big deal to me.

I'm working on my own little tweaks to the system concurrently. I like your version a lot more than mine right now, but still think we can do a little better... if I have time today in between my other work, I'll see about adding my ideas here to my version so you can see them in practice.