new documentation format for std.algorithm

Denis Koroskin 2korden at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 11:41:26 PST 2011

On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 19:00:20 +0300, Andrei Alexandrescu

> On 2/2/11 7:07 AM, spir wrote:
>> On 02/02/2011 09:45 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>> Following ideas and advice from this newsgroup, I have a draft at
>>>
>>> http://d-programming-language.org/cutting-edge/phobos/std_algorithm.html
>>>
>>> There are two tables, one with just the names and the other with names
>>> and a
>>> brief description. Let me know of any feedback. Thanks!
>>>

>>> Andrei
>>
>> To avoid the descriptive table taking to much width, as evoked, remove
>> the category column by:
>> * Putting category names as "inter-lines" (dunno how to code that in
>> html, but there's certainly a way to do it).
>> * Making one table per category (simpler and nicer?).
>>
>> Denis
>
> Probably one table per category would make for too many tables. How
> about the separating rows in
> http://d-programming-language.org/cutting-edge/phobos/std_container.html?
>
> Andrei

FWIW, in Opera there is also a huge gap (about 1000 pixels in height)
between the table and its summary
(http://habreffect.ru/files/940/18dbd8cbb/bug.png). It is most like Opera
specific, but I'm not sure.

That gap is coming from lots of empty paragraphs (<p></p>) in between
table rows:

I think it won't hurt to remove those as unnecessary.