new documentation format for std.algorithm

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 11:50:05 PST 2011

>> Following ideas and advice from this newsgroup, I have a draft at
>>
>> http://d-programming-language.org/cutting-edge/phobos/std_algorithm.html
>>
>> There are two tables, one with just the names and the other with names
>> and a brief description. Let me know of any feedback. Thanks!
>>

>> Andrei
>
> I made one more pass and made the following changes:
>
> * Added thin horizontal rules (you might have seen this already)
>
> * Added "Comparison" category
>
> * Reduced columns to two in the cheat sheet table and used leading rows for
> distinguishing categories
>
> * Added hyphenation, which should make justice to the justified style (watch it
> at work in a narrow window!)
>
> Let me know how it looks!

Looks very good by me (even with my custom colors, but also watched with
original ones).

A single detail: You should not use hyphenation in the top (simple) table, else
it will cut function names, like mismatch in:
...findSplitAfter  findSplitBefore  indexOf  minCount  minPos  mis-
match  skipOver  startsWith  until...

Thank you for this work, Andrei.

Denis