new documentation format for std.algorithm

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 04:19:04 PST 2011

On 02/03/2011 06:19 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
> Jérôme M. Berger wrote:
>> Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>> I'm not sure about that. Facebook's site is professionally designed and
>>> I think they use fixed font sizes all over the place.
>>>
>> "Professionally designed" does not mean that they did the job right!
>
> Apple's SDK documentation on their web site is literally painful for me to
> read. The light grey on white coupled with small font is awful. For a company
> focussed on design, I don't understand this.

You can probably fix that by setting personal bg/fg colors in your browser, and
stating they should override the original page's colors.
Using firefox (probably others have similar feature) one can even write a whole
CSS style sheet for web page rendering. (*)
I nearly never navigate letting page original colors, because of white
backgrounds. Sometimes it's necessary when part of the text is actually kinds
of B-on-W images (like math formulas on wikipedia).

Denis

(*) I use it mainly because Mozilla apps (firefox & thunderbird in my case) do
not correctly follow system style settings; which I desperately need to change
mainly to avoid white backgrounds everywhere, but this change implies changing
/all/ other colors.