new documentation format for std.algorithm

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Thu Feb 3 15:15:27 PST 2011

On 2/3/11 6:42 PM, "Jérôme M. Berger" wrote:
> 	That is because Wikipedia text *is* to small! Wikipedia has the
> font size set to 80% of the default, which means that they *want*
> their text to be too small. That is not a reason why we should
> emulate them.

This is exactly the issue I was talking about, using relative font sizes
in their current incarnation doesn't solve any problems per se. Also,
it's precisely the point where one's ideal conceptions and reality
differ. Just imagine what would happen if Wikipedia used a font-size of
1: Millions of users would complain that the body copy is way too large
for something encyclopedic in nature.

In the end, web development is not about constructing an ideal(istic)
world, but about catering end user needs. If you can unite the two
goals, that's great, but ignoring reality usually doesn't quite work out
well…

David