David Simcha's std.parallelism

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Fri Feb 4 09:28:25 PST 2011

On Fri, 2011-02-04 at 08:09 -0500, dsimcha wrote:
> I could move it over to github, though I'll wait to do that until I get
> a little more comfortable with Git.  I had never used Git before until
> Phobos switched to it.  In the mean time, to remind, the code is at:
>
> http://dsource.org/projects/scrapple/browser/trunk/parallelFuture/std_parallelism.d

It seems that DSource Subversion service is even worse (much worse) than
that of GoogleCode.  I appear to be unable to checkout just the
parallelFuture directory with any of Git, Mercurial, Bazaar, or
Subversion (!).  It either gives a 500 Error or a OPTIONS failure :-((((
This does not bode well for extracting anything from that area of the
Subversion repository.  (Unless I am doing something wrong, which is
entirely possible.)

Given that I am not about to checkout everything in scrapple/browser
just to get one file, I'll wait till you feel able to switch to Git.
Don't think of this as an attempt to put pressure on you, it is really
just an excuse for me not to do something.

> The docs are at:
>
> http://cis.jhu.edu/~dsimcha/d/phobos/std_parallelism.html

Can this not go under version control as well?

Thanks.

PS  I strongly recommend you find ways of learning Git, although I
prefer Mercurial and Bazaar to Git, any of these three make developing a
pleasure compared to using Subversion.  Once you get into DVCS there is
no turning back from being far more productive.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk