new documentation format for std.algorithm

"Jérôme M. Berger" jeberger at free.fr
Fri Feb 4 14:02:31 PST 2011

Jeff Nowakowski wrote:
> On 02/04/2011 11:38 AM, David Nadlinger wrote:
>> maybe you'll also discover that the designers of the most frequented
>> sites aren't exactly complete dorks either.
>
> I've seen tons of designs by high-profile sites, and many are
> pointlessly broken for me. I've seen them redesigned after having been
> in a workable state and then made broken by an obsession of pixel-based
> layout. The problem is these designers are control-freaks and don't
> understand the Web.

	Plus, very often there are two categories of “designers” working on
these sites. The first do not know anything about the web and create
a mockup of the site using Photoshop, then the others (who do know
at least some html+css, or at least Dreamweaver) are required by
their managers (who know even less than the first category) to match
the Photoshop design exactly on the manager's computer. The easiest
(or even only) way to do that is to set all dimensions in pixels.
And the result is something that ranges from bad to horrible for
most other people.

		Jerome

PS: Yes, I know, this probably does not apply to wikipedia but I am
pretty sure it applies to most “professional” web sites.
mailto:jeberger at free.fr
http://jeberger.free.fr
Jabber: jeberger at jabber.fr