How to build the druntime (Windows)?

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Fri Feb 4 15:21:03 PST 2011

On Feb 4, 2011, at 12:23 AM, Andre Tampubolon wrote:

> Thanks. Now I managed to succesfully build dmd and druntime.
> The next is phobos. I got this:
>
> make -f win32.mak
> dmd -c -O -release -nofloat -w -d etc\c\zlib.d -ofCzlib.obj
> object.d: Error: module object is in file 'object.d' which cannot be read
> Specify path to file 'object.d' with -I switch

You need the druntime header files in your import path, which is specified in sc.ini.  Then, assuming druntime.lib is in \druntime\lib, build phobos via:

make -fwin32.mak DRUNTIME=\druntime

By default the phobos makefile assumes a directory structure matching the DMD distro, which probably isn't what you have if you're building from a repository.