readf() compiler error message weirdness (CTFE-related?)

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Sun Feb 6 11:56:49 PST 2011

On 2/6/11 8:13 PM, Andrew Wiley wrote:
> On 64 bit linux (Arch, running dmd on a multilib installation), I get
> "/usr/include/d/std/format.d(428): Error: can only * a pointer, not a 'int'"
> It almost seems like something is expanding the * syntax in your shell?

This seems way more likely than something in DMD going wild, and that's
precisely the reason I asked here first before opening a bug report. The
idea that it could have something to do with compile-time code execution
only came to my mind because I stumbled over this while trying to trace
down a CTFE-related issue anyway…

I'll investigate what's expanding the star  and open a bug if this
really has something to do with DMD against all odds.

David