std.unittests/exception Update and Vote [Please Vote]

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 03:24:17 PST 2011

> There are a number of people who have responded positively to my unit test
> functions - including assertPred - as it has moved through the review process.
> Please reiterate that positive vote here (or negative if you're so inclined).
> The deadline for votes is today.
>
> As it stands, I believe that assertThrown, assertNotThrown, and
> collectExceptionMsg will clearly pass the vote, but it's not so clear if the
> vote is in favor of assertPred. Going off just the votes in this thread, I
> believe that it would be a tie as to whether assertPred made it in or not. But
> if we took the votes for the group of functions as a whole from previous posts,
> I believe that it would get in. It would be better though if such votes were
> confirmed here - especially if the vote is close. I'd prefer not to have an
> ambiguous vote.
>
> So, please vote.

(dunno whether a newcomer like me is supposed to vote, but in case:
* assertThrown         : +
* assertNotThrown      : ?
* collectExceptionMsg  : ?
* assertPred           : -
I only really need something with semantic similars to asserThrown's. My
overall picture of asserts and unittests is different, anyway --as you know.
)

Denis