Stupid little iota of an idea

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Feb 9 04:46:11 PST 2011

"spir" <denis.spir at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.1422.1297254724.4748.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...

> Side-question: what is actually 1..5 as of now for a thing? Or is it
> conceptually "unconstructed" by rewriting to (probably) an ordinary for
> loop? Anyway, the point above applies to language-side semantics, whatever
> optimisation may happen.

AIUI: Syntactically, it doesn't exist at all, at least not by itself. It's
just part of one of the foreach syntaxes:

  'foreach' '(' {declaration list} ';' {expression} '..' {expression} ')'

and also part of one of the slice syntaxes:

  (from the docs:)
  PostfixExpression [ AssignExpression .. AssignExpression ]

Although it's possible I've understood it wrong.

Don't have a clue how it's handled beyond that though.