D vs Go on reddit

Ulrik Mikaelsson ulrik.mikaelsson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 14:56:34 PST 2011

2011/2/9 spir <denis.spir at gmail.com>:

> Yop! this said, I recently read (no pointer, sorry) about a possibly
> interesting third way: making the core language as close to orthogonal as
> possible w/o making the rest difficult, then build compromises as sugar
> layers around (syntactic & semantic).
> This may be, actually, more or less close to how some actual languages are
> actually constructed; but I find that making this principle intentonal and
> intentional totally changes the whole approach. Also think this well fits
> the design of PL with a main/core paradigm/style (not so for D, probably).

Isn't this how much of JavaScript is ACTUALLY used nowadays? jQuery,
YUI, PrototypeJS?

Coding for limited embedded hardware, I'm personally hand-coding
Javascript (without 3:d-party-libs) at work ATM, since I really need
to know all effects (especially on the DOM) of everything I do. (Is
something reading .offsetHeight? - i DEFINITELY need to know about
it.) Outside the realm of embedded/limited hardware though, it seems
few people are actually coding in pure JavaScript without
"convenience"-libraries. Maybe it's the ASM of next decade.