How will we fix opEquals?

so so at so.so
Thu Feb 10 01:09:03 PST 2011

> (1) If it is a const member function, then it will have a viral effect
> on all objects -- any function called by opEquals will have to be marked
> const.

It doesn't look like we can solve this by switching the constness of an
Object.function,
unless we also state that every function in Object must be const and
accept the fact that no one would use these functions for other purposes
like caching, late binding etc...
Or maybe changing the design of default class inheritance somehow, like
C++, no more single base class, i guess this is out of question :)