Deprecated modules

Paul D. Anderson paul.d.removethis.anderson at comcast.andthis.net
Thu Feb 10 12:55:07 PST 2011

%u Wrote:

> What Phobos modules are currently depreciated or undergoing mayor
> changes right now? And what are their replacements if any?
>
> I suppose std.xml is one. What about std.regex/std.regexp,
> std.stream/std.stdio/std.cstream/std.socketstream, std.bind,
> std.boxer/std.variant?
>
> BTW: http://digitalmars.com/d/2.0/phobos/std_gregorian.html is in the
> menu but gives 404.
>
> Thanks

Sorry -- just wanted to clarify that features are "deprecated" not "depreciated".

"Depreciated" means that it has lost its (monetary) value. Assets are depreciated for tax purposes.

"Deprecated" means that it is not approved.

The words are closely related, and it's easy to write one meaning the other (I've had to backspace and retype several times in this short note). But they are different words.

Paul