inlining or not inlining...

so so at so.so
Fri Feb 11 01:00:49 PST 2011

> No, not even close. The first step is figure out where your program is
> slow, and then why it is slow. For example, if it is slow because foo()
> is being called 1,000,000 times, you'll get a one thousand times speedup
> if you can tweak your algorithms so that it is only called 1,000 times.

I think we are talking about two different things, i don't mean locating
the cause of the bottleneck, it is of course the most logical thing to do.
Assume we know the problem, a function that has been reduced to simplest
case, still compiler for some reason didn't do the inlining and we need
every bit.
Wrappers and frequent matrix, vector operations are a very serious
examples that inlining is must. Now, it doesn't matter how easy or hard,
have could we get around this?
This is a great for an annotation.