Stupid little iota of an idea

Ary Manzana ary at esperanto.org.ar
Fri Feb 11 06:06:06 PST 2011

On 2/11/11 12:15 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "Andrej Mitrovic"<andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com>  wrote in message
> news:mailman.1476.1297391467.4748.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
>> What the hell does "to!" have to do with anything. Disregard my last
>> post, it's obviously 3 AM and I'm talking gibberish.
>>

> I just meant that "iota" looks a lot like (spaces added for clarity) "i   to
> a". In other words, the first time I ever saw "iota", I confused it for the
> old C function that converts an integer to an ASCII string. It may very well
> have been 3am for me at the time ;)

You are the second one who confuses iota with itoa. Actually, the third,
I confused it too.

According to the book "The Design of Everyday Things" the design of that
function name is wrong, it's not your fault and it's not because it was
3am. When many people make mistakes with regards to the design of
something it's *always* the design's fault, never the human's fault.