Stupid little iota of an idea

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri Feb 11 17:44:58 PST 2011

foobar wrote:
> Ary Manzana Wrote:
>> According to the book "The Design of Everyday Things" the design of that
>> function name is wrong, it's not your fault and it's not because it was
>> 3am. When many people make mistakes with regards to the design of
>> something it's *always* the design's fault, never the human's fault.
>>

> Thanks for this, I'm adding this book to my read list. :)

Every engineer and designer should read it. It's a classic, and a quick read.

The irony of it is, of course, everyone agrees with it, laughs at the stupid
designs shown in the book, and then goes right out and create their own equally
stupid designs.

Making designs that are intuitively obvious is amazingly difficult.