Stupid little iota of an idea

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat Feb 12 03:02:41 PST 2011

Jonathan M Davis:

> interval is slightly better, but as you mention, the step value muddles that
> abstraction.

It's not muddled enough to make it worse than iota(). "iota" has nearly no relation with its purpose in Phobos.

> genSequence is pretty much the only
> thing that I've been able to think of that I like at all,

sequence(10,20,2) is another option, as long as "interval".

> So, if we want to actually vote on this, then we should
> come up with a set of suggestions for the name and then start a new thread vote
> the vote.

I agree, in such things you need a two step process, as in brainstorming a phase of inflation and ideas creation, followed by the phase phase of critical thinking and choice.

Bye,
bearphile