Stupid little iota of an idea

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 08:21:58 PST 2011

> On 2/12/11 6:52 AM, spir wrote:

>>> And that's part of what makes it best.
>>
>> What about a random name generator to define a language.stdlib's
>> lexicon? Then run a post-filter fed by user complaints about given names
>> actually suggesting some relation to any [part|aspect] of their sense.
>>
>> denis
>
> What I meant was that "iota" is not confusable with other concepts in Phobos,
> while at the same time being evocative for the task at hand. Another evocative
> term would be "quanta", but somehow I suspect that will enjoy little traction. :o)

Sorry for the somewhat humourous (?) reply above. Your statement shocked me a
bit (quite the opposite of what i think is good in design --for public use).
Now, I very much agree that <"iota" is not confusable with other concepts in
Phobos> is a very good property.
And to clore my participation to this debate: I would not mind "iota" to
remain, anyway not everyday use feature. But I think it's good we have
discussed this point at length, for other features, present & future. "On the
importance of proper naming." (for others' benefit)

Denis