Stupid little iota of an idea

Peter Alexander peter.alexander.au at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 12:29:07 PST 2011

> Not all users dislike iota, and besides arguments ad populum are
> fallacious. Iota rocks. But have at it - vote away, and I'll be glad if
> a better name for iota comes about.
>
> Andrei

finiteArithmeticProgression :-)

Come on! It's the only name that's actually correct so far!

Seriously though, my list of preferences would be:

- Add a..b syntax, and something non-ambiguous for steps.
- iota(a, b, c), because it's short and has the same meaning elsewhere.
- step(a, b, c), again because it's short, but also meaningful

interval is bad because it doesn't imply a step.
range is bad because it already has a meaning in Phobos.
delta is bad because it means a difference, not a sequence.