Unilink - alternative linker for win32/64, DMD OMF extensions?

%u u at pathlink.org
Sat Feb 12 16:56:46 PST 2011

Andrej Mitrovic Wrote:

> On 2/12/11, Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
> > Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> >> Great, from one closed-source linker to another.
> >
> > Making optlink open source won't make any difference. Few are skilled at asm
> > anymore, and likely none of them would want to work on optlink for free.
> >

> Ok, but what about your upcoming C version?
>
> Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that we even have a linker! But it's
> kind of sad when one of the most active D developers quits because of
> linker issues.

We should rename Optlink to Vuvulink, it's the vuvuzela of D's world. We can't seriously use D with any commercial technologies since the code isn't binary compatible. This is getting ridiculous. 12 years of fail. We could even pay to get a proper linker. But how much would it cost? Around $200000 - $500000. That's too much. We could outsource our whole software development at that price and focus on profits.