std.xml should just go

so so at so.so
Sat Feb 12 22:09:34 PST 2011

> Walter already decided against using + for concatenation because of the
> perceived ambiguity - e.g. does "5" + "2" do "52" or "7"? He's not going
> to go
> for * for anything similar. Honestly, we don't need more syntactic sugar
> at this
> point.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

Isn't it quite obvious? Both "+" "*" serves nothing but ambiguity, their
literal meanings have nothing to do with chaining.
While at first look, it may seem that "+" have some relation with the
chaining. But if you think for a while, it is not chaining at all.

On the other hand "~" is designed exactly for this reason and if we were
to lower it, this "has to" be the obvious choice.