tooling quality and some random rant

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Sun Feb 13 05:36:46 PST 2011

Hi,

I am sorry, but I don't belive it.

Many other systems programming languages that atempted to displace C and
C++, have
the toolchain built in its languages, after the compilers were bootstrapped,
as anyone
with enough compiler knowledge will surely tell you.

And D's linker must first be written in C, to make it easy to rewrite in D?!

A linker is not science fiction, it is just a program that binds object
files and libraries together
to produce an executable. Any programming language able to manipulate files
and binary
data, can be used to create a linker.

--
Paulo