inlining or not inlining...

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Feb 13 14:58:48 PST 2011

so wrote:
> If you are against this reasoning, i don't have any idea why D has
> inline assembly, which again targets a very small audience.

The inline assembler is soooo much easier to deal with than the miserable, fugly
assemblers found on the various systems.

The Linux as assembler is designed to crush all the joy out of writing in asm.
The Microsoft assemblers change behavior constantly, breaking everything.

The inline assembler can't do everything a standalone assembler can, but what it
does it does well enough, and is a pleasure (to me) to use.