tooling quality and some random rant

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 13 15:06:46 PST 2011

On 2/13/2011 3:01 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> Michel Fortin wrote:
>> But note I was replying to your reply to Denis who asked specifically for demangled names for missing symbols. This by
>> itself would be a useful improvement.
>
> I agree with that, but there's a caveat. I did such a thing years ago for C++ and Optlink. Nobody cared, including the
> people who asked for that feature. It's a bit demotivating to bother doing that again.

No offense, but this argument gets kinda old and it's incredibly weak.

Today's tooling expectations are higher.  The audience isn't the same.  And clearly people are asking for it.  Even the
past version of it I highly doubt no one cared, you just didn't hear from those that liked it.  After all, few people go
out of their way to talk about what they like, just what they don't.

Later,
Brad