Qt C++ GUI library is now set to die, as a result of the MS takeover

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sun Feb 13 22:51:02 PST 2011

"Caligo" <iteronvexor at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.1613.1297648969.4748.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...

> Qt is not an open source project.  Qt is Free software (GPL/LGPL) which is
> also dual licensed (commercial license) for development of proprietary and
> commercial software.  Even if Microsoft was the copyright holder of Qt,
> nothing would stop anyone from modifying the source code and continuing
> its
> development.  Besides, Qt is a source of income for Nokia because many
> large
> companies use it for their projects.

[/me gets up on soapbox]
Distinctions between "open source" and "free software", and the assosiated
FSF/Stallman vs. OSI geek-off/slapping-fight, make me want to claw my ears
out and run screaming towards 100% closed/proprietary everything.
[/me steps back down]