Removed? (Wikipedia deletionism)

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Mon Feb 14 16:38:11 PST 2011

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 02:05:32 +0200, bearophile <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com>
wrote:

> (Months ago those sick people have deleted some pages written by me in
> hours or days. This is not nice).

Wikipedia articles must prove that they are notable enough, and people
unfamiliar with the subject must be able to verify it. Otherwise, it
fosters self-promotion.

Wikipedia has rules which may seem unfair or unbalanced at times, but
they're mostly logical with regards to the project's integrity (and not
necessarily usefulness).

Administrators will often gladly provide copies of deleted articles.

> Is D page too at risk of deletion?

D got a lot of press and a book, so I think that's highly unlikely.

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                            mailto:vladimir at thecybershadow.net