Removed? (Wikipedia deletionism)

Aaron Smith mail at pathway.org
Mon Feb 14 17:00:59 PST 2011

Vladimir Panteleev Wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 02:05:32 +0200, bearophile <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com>
> wrote:
>
> > (Months ago those sick people have deleted some pages written by me in
> > hours or days. This is not nice).
>
> Wikipedia articles must prove that they are notable enough, and people
> unfamiliar with the subject must be able to verify it. Otherwise, it
> fosters self-promotion.
>
> Wikipedia has rules which may seem unfair or unbalanced at times, but
> they're mostly logical with regards to the project's integrity (and not
> necessarily usefulness).
>
> Administrators will often gladly provide copies of deleted articles.
>
> > Is D page too at risk of deletion?
>
> D got a lot of press and a book, so I think that's highly unlikely.

Thank god we have TDPL, otherwise the D page would quickly lose this battle. D is much much more notable than Nemerle, Alice ML, Pure, Nosica, Kiev, Einstein, Alma-0, Joy, Zonnon, Y, Cat, Fancy, Ambi, Ptolemy, Mythryl, COMIT, Ioke, EASY, Aikido, A+, Adenine, Afnix, Bsisith, ChinesePython, AngelScript, Algae, Agena, Taxi, Inger, Iota, Jot, Agora, Falcon, Averest, Lava, Factor, Glagol. These all have been deleted by the same editor.

This guy is actually doing us a great favor by deleting references to competition. This improves D's position a lot in Wikipedia.