Removed?

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 03:23:40 PST 2011

On 02/15/2011 08:56 AM, Daniel Gibson wrote:
> Am 15.02.2011 01:05, schrieb bearophile:
>> Nemerle and Factor removed from Wikipedia? What are those deletionists doing?
>>
>> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/fkt7t/nemerle_factor_alice_ml_and_other_programming/
>>

>> Is D page too at risk of deletion?
>> (Months ago those sick people have deleted some pages written by me in hours
>> or days. This is not nice).
>>
>> Bye,
>> bearophile
>
> Wikipedia has become a horribly broken system with a lot of idiots.

I wouldn't say that. We only heard about this case, one of a single man,
because it touches our interests. Who writes the articles you may be interested
in? There are more than 3.5 million articles in en.wikipedia today... (among
which 3-4 started by myself ;-)

> IMHO something is notable if somebody wants to write about it.
> Wikipedia is no printed encyclopedia where you only have limited space..
> something like Wikipedia is *the* chance to collect all kind of knowledge, even
> about stuff you hardly find information about anywhere else.
> But those censors screw it up by deleting all kinds of articles because it's
> not notable or has no accepted sources/references (accepted sources are,
> ironically, mostly dead tree publications).

Agreed. Very much agreed, in fact. Wikipedia is /the/ place for innovation to
get a chance; probably the only one, even. (esp in our money-driven civilisation)

Denis