Removed?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Feb 15 14:51:37 PST 2011

spir wrote:
> And this itself was made possible by the fact software /re/production
> costs are neglectable compared to production ones (human competence,
> time & motivation).
> The same applies indeed, even more since the numeric revolution, to most
> of human knowledge and creation. Result of music composition has always
> been (potentially or concretely, depending to laws) freely available good.

I agree. Consider the explosion of knowledge and progress immediately after the
printing press was invented. Printers were eager for materials to print, and
compiled manuals on everything they could think of.

It's interesting how the Egyptian revolution is attributed to being enabled by
the internet; similarly, I don't think the American revolution would have
happened without the printing press.