Integer conversions too pedantic in 64-bit

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Feb 18 14:20:03 PST 2011

"Walter Bright" <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:ijmnp7$433$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Russel Winder wrote:
>> Star Wars is like Dr Who you expect revisionist history in every
>> episode.  I hate an inconsistent storyline, so the trick is to assume
>> each episode is a completely separate story unrelated to any other
>> episode.
>
> My trick was to lose all interest in SW.

I must not be enough of a Star Wars guy, I don't know what anyone's talking
about here. Was it the prequel trilogy that introduced the inconsistencies
(I still haven't gotten around to episodes 2 or 3 yet), or were there things
in the orignal trilogy that I managed to completely overlook? (Or something
else entirely?)

> Have you seen the series "Defying Gravity"? The plot is a spaceship is
> sent around a to pass by various planets in the solar system on a mission
> of discovery. The script writers apparently thought this was boring, so to
> liven things up they installed a ghost on the spaceship.
>
> It's really, really sad.

Sounds like Stargate Universe: A bunch of people trapped on a ancient
spaceship of exploration...but to make that concept "interesting" the
writers had to make every damn character on the show a certifiable drama
queen. Unsurprisingly, dead after only two seasons - a record low for
Stargate. Really looking forward to the movie sequels though (as well as the
new SG-1/Atlantis movies that, I *think*, are still in the works).