DMD 2.0562

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Feb 18 17:24:49 PST 2011

On Friday, February 18, 2011 16:58:50 Russel Winder wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-02-18 at 10:31 -0800, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> [ . . . ]
>
> > Yeah. Make sure that your dmd.conf is up-to-date. There are a number of
> > changes in it with the most recent release - not only the addition of
> > librt, but the lib directories were changed as well. So, everyone should
> > either use the dmd.conf that comes in the release or make sure that the
> > dmd.conf that they use is based on that dmd.conf. You're going to run
> > into problems otherwise.
>
> linux/bin/dmd.conf is identical in the 2.051 and 2.052 distributions
> which implies the distribution is broken?

No, they're definitely _not_ the same - at least not in the zip file. Maybe the
deb or the rpm is messed up, but the zip file is fine. It _does_ look like -L-lrt
was added in dmd 2.051 (though I'm not sure if it was necessary for 2.051), but
ther are other changes related to 64-bit which are in 2.052. The lib directory
changed from lib to lib32 and lib64 and a linker flag was added to go with that
(to stop gcc from complaining about library mismatches). You need a new dmd.conf
for the new release. The correct dmd.conf _is_ in the zip file.

- Jonathan M Davis