64bit phobos on Windows?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat Feb 19 15:53:13 PST 2011

"Iain Buclaw" <ibuclaw at ubuntu.com> wrote in message
news:ijpgap$1shk$1 at digitalmars.com...
> == Quote from Nick Sabalausky (a at a.a)'s article
>> "Trass3r" <un at known.com> wrote in message
>> news:op.vq5xlfto3ncmek at enigma...
>> > Compiling GDC on Windows is a PITA.
>> > I wish someone released prebuilt versions.
>> Compiling GCC on Windows is a PITA.
>
> Windows is a PITA, period.
>
> I tried using it as an everyday OS the other week. Something that I will
> never try
> again any time soon...

Heh :)

Back in the early 90's I switched from my Apple IIc (which I still have a
lot of respect for) to a brand new 486 with MS-DOS/Win 3.11, which was a big
improvement. I've been using Windows ever since (Win 3.11 -> 95 -> 98 ->
XP), so I guess Windows is just in my blood. The biggest troubles I have
tend to be from open-source programs that consider targeting Cygwin or
MSYS/MinGW to count as "supporting Windows".

I spent a year or two trying to use OSX as my primary system and while I was
impressed at first, the more I used it the more I grew to hate both it and
Apple (As a company, they're like MS but even worse). There a lot of nice
things about Linux, and it keeps improving. And my secondary system is a
Linux box.  But even though I hate Win7 (if I wanted my OS to be like OSX
I'd still be using OSX - although it looks like
"http://classicshell.sourceforge.net" might fix some of my Win7 complaints),
Linux still isn't quite to the point where I'm ready to switch to it. I
think one big part of it is that I've yet to find a file manager that I like
as much as XP's Explorer. Dolphin's probably the best I've seen so far
(beats the pants off of Nautilus), but there's still enough about it that
bugs me. Not that Explorer doesn't have its problems, but "Better the devil
you know".