[OT] Webpage design and "Name That Color!"

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat Feb 19 18:53:15 PST 2011

I've been updating the docs for my Goldie project in preparation of a new
release, and figured the they looked a bit...sterile, so I've tweaked the
CSS a bit. And, well, I think I've stumbled upon a heisencolor...(or a
heisenhue, rather)

Without reading any replies or "cheating" by inspecting the pixels in a
paint program, take a look at this screenshot:

http://www.semitwist.com/download/goldie0.4docBeta.png

...and reply with what color you think the background looks like (the main
background, not the
sidebar). And whether or not you like it would be helpful, too, of course.
And, strange as this may sound, reply again if you end up changing your mind
on what color it looks like.

I don't think the weirdness is from my CRT monitor (yea, yea, it's a CRT,
"join the 21st century" etc...), because I've checked on someone's LCD and
noticed the same effect.

Secondarily, any other comments on the page would be appreciated, too. I'm
not much of an artist or graphic designer. This NG does seem to be a good
place to get many different opinions on a webpage's design. FWIW, I think I
may increase the font size slightly and darken the BG colors a tad.