[OT] Webpage design and "Name That Color!"

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat Feb 19 22:11:44 PST 2011

"Daniel Gibson" <metalcaedes at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ijq6io$in$5 at digitalmars.com...
> Am 20.02.2011 05:39, schrieb Andrej Mitrovic:
>> No I think what really drives people insane is 20pixel fonts with
>> super-displaced dropshadows.
>> Or websites which hijack your browser and do things like hide your
>> mouse cursor for no reason, disable selection of text, make the back
>> button useless, add useless integrated taskbars at the bottom.
>
> Agreed.
> Still, the color looks kind of weird to me. But, as mentioned before, I
> don't really count because I'm partly color-blind anyway ;)
>
> I like the layout, though. It's simple and clean. Looks kind of retro, not
> very web-2.0-ish (with rounded corners and stuff), but I like it better
> this way.

Not being much of a graphic designer, that's about the only way I can do it.
But I'm a retro/simple/clean/web1.0 kind of a guy anyway, so I guess it
works out well. :)

Plus, I'm a total product of the 80's - ie, curves and rounded edges are
like totally overrated ;)