Do findSplit, findSplitBefore, and findSplitAfter make until unnecessary?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Feb 19 22:20:54 PST 2011

With the most recent release, we got findSplit, findSplitBefore, and findSplitAfter
in std.algorithm, which are all very useful and cool. However, in light of what
they can do, I'm wondering if we really need std.algorithm.until? It seems to me
that the findSplit* functions give you that functionality, and I see no reason to
keep until around long term if it's not really giving us something that the
findSplit* functions aren't.

Does anyone have a good reason why the findSplit* functions don't make until
obsolete and unnecessary?

- Jonathan M Davis