CMake for D2 ready for testers

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Mon Feb 21 12:58:22 PST 2011

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 12:40:11 +0100
Jens Mueller <jens.k.mueller at gmx.de> wrote:

> I don't know about upstreaming it. Certainly it would be nice. But for
> doing so I need polish it further.

OK.

> It seems that not many people are using CMakeD and there seems to be
> less interest in it.

I believe many are waiting that D(2) become consolidated a bit, 64bit
port etc. At least, I'm the one of them. :-)

> But I assume this is going to change once 64-bit is stable.
> If I find some time I will build the above word cloud example for
> 64-bit and report here, if that helps you.

I'll take a look tomorrow closer look at CMakeD.

> Recently I've been a bit distracted from CMakeD development since I
> stumbled over
> Gyp
> http://code.google.com/p/gyp/
> and
> Premake
> http://industriousone.com/premake
> Both address similar needs like CMake but do not support D yet.

They look interesting, but I'm sure they cannot replace CMake and
therefore hope D will become 1st class citizen in the CMake country.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
“In the material world, conceptions of good and bad are
all mental speculations…” (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu)

http://atmarama.net | Hlapicina (Croatia) | GPG: CDBF17CA