Linking COFF and OMF

%u wfunction at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 21 20:54:55 PST 2011

>> That's pretty good. Almost all of those things are standard C.
>> LDIV and UDIV could easily be eliminated.
>> __except_list is a null asm label (it is FS:[0]).
>>
>> So the main problematic ones are:
>> _xi_a , __acrtused_con, the __fp functions, and _Ccmp

> So how to tackle that?

I'm really glad that this issue is being looked into. I've literally
wasted days (if not a few weeks) getting another to work instead of
SNN.lib, and I think that the ultimate culprit that prevented things
from working was _xi_a.
I couldn't figure out how to solve it; I'm not sure if it was the
root cause, but I think it interfered with thread-static data,
and/or the garbage collector.

What does _xi_a even do? Is it anything more than just a marker
inside the executable?