D3 plans

Trass3r un at known.com
Tue Feb 22 08:08:50 PST 2011

> A legitimate question - where are the D3 plans?
One step at a time. We just got x64 support on Linux, Windows is still far away from that. Shared libraries is the next big issue. Proper implementation of D2's features is also still ahead.

> Any language not in active development (no don't mean phobos, not toolchain) is dead.
A language with a thousand cool but half- or unimplemented features is of no use either, not to mention the role of development tools.

> D2 has little potential without AST macros.
D (the language, ignoring implementation quirks here) is already far ahead of many another language, especially in terms of metaprogramming. Even D1 brings substantial productivity gains compared to C++. Naturally there's plenty of room for improvements but I wouldn't call it having little potential.