CMake for D2 ready for testers

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Tue Feb 22 12:48:00 PST 2011

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 18:10:11 +0100
Jens Mueller <jens.k.mueller at gmx.de> wrote:

> Yeah. My point is just that I don't know whether CMake will be the way
> to go. I mean it works but there are more elegant build tools in the
> pipeline. That's why I push it only as far as it needs to be.

Well, other, 'more elegant tools' are still immature, small userbase,
not so many devs. On top of that, it's not certain on how many
platforms they work, while seeing something like

http://www.cdash.org/CDash/index.php?project=CMake

is definitely impressive for me.

> That would be very nice.
> So far we have quite decent support for
> * dmd (tested on Linux/Windows)
> * gdc (tested on Linux)

Cool. Soon, when I install (free)pcbsd, I can test on it.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
“In the material world, conceptions of good and bad are
all mental speculations…” (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu)

http://atmarama.net | Hlapicina (Croatia) | GPG: CDBF17CA