dmd, x64 and Windows

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 21:01:38 PST 2011

I've tried to build it on native windows. It seems to build fine, and
after I've issued make install it got installed to build/mingw32.

But I'm missing libstdc++.dll. I couldn't figure out where to download
the dll from, the MinGW sourceforge website is horrible to browse
through.
I copied the DLL from an existing 4.5.2 MinGW installation.

I tried compiling a simple test project:

gdc main.d
ld.exe: cannot find -lpthread

I've already copied these:
    * binutils 2.20.51
    * mingw-runtime 3.18
    * w32api 3.14

But maybe I'm missing more runtime libraries. Probably some lib
package that has the libstdc++.dll file as well. Any clues?