How to do Generic Programming in D?

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Wed Feb 23 04:03:56 PST 2011

How come is our loss?

I keep an eye on D and Go, because personally, I would like to see a
language replace C and C++
as THE systems programming language.

But I hardly use any of them beside some toy examples, because on my part of
the world,
be it with C++ or VM languages I am spoiled for choice in what concerns
language stability and productivity.

When I see someone advocating a technology the will make everything better,
I always remind
myself of "Worse is Better", principle.

It does not matter how good something is, in regards with what is actually
being used, if the pain
to switch is too big for the beneficts that someone might gain, people don't
switch. It is the human
nature.

--
Paulo