Linking COFF and OMF

dennis luehring dl.soluz at gmx.net
Wed Feb 23 04:10:16 PST 2011

Am 23.02.2011 12:56, schrieb Trass3r:
> dennis luehring Wrote:
>>  question out of curiosity - would it be a good idea
>>  (or technical solveable) to replace the snn.lib complete with D code?
>
> Doesn't make sense since you'd have to introduce the D runtime into C runtime code (remember that dmc also uses that runtime for compiling C code)
> Furthermore I expect it wouldn't technically work cause the D runtime itself requires a C runtime.

 >introduce the D runtime into C runtime code

why? (except you want to use the existing C runtime code)

 >I expect it wouldn't technically
 >work cause the D runtime itself requires a C runtime.

ok maybe a bootstrap is needed - dmd/phobos links with snn.lib produced
by dmc, and another compile/link run for dmd and phobos - with an D
version of snn.lib

i don't the big technical difficulty here - any special case? something
that can't be done with D?

do the WinApi needs some form of C-Runtime initalisation on
Application-side? (i don't think so) - and the excecption-stuff is
win-api based not c-runtime, or?