Uh... destructors?

%u wfunction at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 23 08:41:52 PST 2011

> I thought @safe was orthogonal to pure?  If this isn't the case,
then yes, free must be disallowed.  But then malloc must also be,
and any construct which manages its own memory via malloc/free.
> From what I remember, pure functions:
> 1. cannot access shared or global non-immutable data
> 2. cannot call non-pure functions
> I don't remember the definition that pure functions must also be
@safe.
> -Steve

It seems that you're using the word "pure" as a synonym for the
noalias and/or restrict __declspec keywords. However, they're
different words because they have different meanings. :) If you
really mean noalias, then I think we just just call it that and
introduce the attribute @noalias? Otherwise, it's a misuse of the
term "pure", because D doesn't seem to be really using the term for
its correct purpose.