How to do Generic Programming in D?

Simon s.d.hammett at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 10:30:34 PST 2011

On 23/02/2011 17:22, Nick wrote:

>> Andrei
>
> Thanks for all your replies!
>
> I was not sure about mixins: the template ones had a little warning in
> the book as being mostly experimental, and the string mixins, while
> powerful, seemed to me something closer to c++ macros than to the
> template/class/policies I knew. But I will look again.
>
> I will start slowly and defer to this list if I get stuck.
>
> Thanks!

D is sufficiently close to C++ that I was able to port (most of) the
classic version of boost::spirit to D in a month of my spare time.

Spirit makes rather enthusiastic use of template meta programming;
though not half as much as the new version.

Most of that time was spent groking spirit rather than actually doing
the D implementation as well.

--
My enormous talent is exceeded only by my outrageous laziness.
http://www.ssTk.co.uk