LDC2 Status

Alexey Prokhin alexey.prokhin at yandex.ru
Wed Feb 23 12:00:24 PST 2011

> LDC2 Status
LDC2 passes almost all phobos unittests and tests from dmd suite on linux x86. Also it probably works on freebsd, but it's broken on other platforms and architectures.
I currently work on linux X86_64 port: ldc2 already compiles druntime and phobos, although there are some serious issues with GC (which make ldc2 quite useless on 64 bits).

Trass3r Wrote:
> Also I got the feeling that LDC2 has been hastily updated to the newest dmd frontend without verifying each upgrade step by step and now things are subtly broken.
When I started to work on ldc2, it was in terrible state (it did not even compile). So, yes, I decided to update ldc to the latest dmd frontend at the time. But after that every frontend merge was thoroughly tested using phobos unittests and dmd test suite.

I need a hand with writing a good building instruction. If you want to help, send me a letter, I'll talk you through building process.
By the way, druntime and phobos with ldc2 patches can be found here: https://github.com/AlexeyProkhin.